50 € for free:
and how it works!
The JUGENDKULTURKARTE in the ClassicCard app
Here’s how it works:
As of 01.02.2023, the city of Berlin will issue a cultural credit of 50 € to all 18 to 23-year-olds living in Berlin. This credit can also be used for the ClassicCard: You can convert the credit of the card into a ClassicCard credit in the app. To do so, please head to one of the following box offices: Deutsche Oper Berlin, Komische Oper Berlin, Staatsoper Unter den Linden, Berliner Philharmoniker or Konzerthaus Berlin. The JUGENDKULTURKARTE is an initiative of the Berlin Senate Department for Culture and Europe in cooperation with Kulturprojekte Berlin.
Here's how your registration for the JUGENDKULTURKARTE works:
- Register on the website www.jugendkulturkarte.berlin
- Get your 'pick up' code issued
- Pick up the card at the public libraries of Berlin (VÖBB)
- After a quick check, followed by an activated QR code and personal data, activation and personalization of the card
Now all you have to do is transfer the balance to the ClassicCard!
- Come to one of our cash desks and ask for the credit to be transferred to the ClassicCard
- The cashier debits the credit from your JUGENDKULTURKARTE and credits X€ to your customer account using the e-mail address. It is also possible to credit a partial amount!
- Now the balance in your app should be visible on the payment page and in the profile!
- You can use your credit straight away: Either to attend performances or to get your ClassicCard membership to start with!
Enjoy your visit and have fun with your ClassicCard!